Benefits of Adding Gutter Guards to Your Memphis Home
Do you hate cleaning your gutters? We don’t blame you, so that’s why we wanted to introduce you to gutter guards. Gutters play an important role in protecting your Memphis home, so they shouldn’t be ignored. At Restoration Roofing we offer top quality gutters guards so let us show you how they can make all the difference!
What are Gutter Guards?
Gutter guards are a hardware sheet that go over your gutters to catch or shed any debris coming down your roof. There are two main types of gutter guards – gutter guard screens and gutter helmets. Gutter screens are made of a wire mesh that goes over the top of your gutters and gutter helmets are sheets of metal or engineered plastic that are installed into your gutters.
Many homeowners have experienced the benefits of installing gutter guards. Here are some of the benefits of adding gutter guards to your Memphis home:
Benefits of Adding Gutters Guards
- Spend Less Time and Money on Maintenance: Every year your gutters may get clogged with leaves, pine needles, shingle granules and even animal nests. Gutter guards are designed to keep out all this debris and prevent clogging in your gutters. Without guards, you will find yourself having to clean out your gutters or paying someone else to clean them.
- Prevent Animal Infestation: Animals love using your gutters as their home. These nests and even their droppings can contribute to clogs. Since animals have a place to live in your gutters, they will also start chewing into your fascia and soffit. Gutter guards prevent animals from being able to make your home into their home.
- Reduce Ice Dam Formation: Winter can be very destructive to your roof and your gutters. Ice dams can occur, even in the Mid-South, and this will lead to leaking into your home. When gutters are clogged, water can accumulate and then freeze causing these ice dams. Gutter guards will reduce ice dam formation, especially when they are installed with heat cables.
- Prevent Roof and Gutter Damage: When your gutters get clogged, the water will overflow and flow into your home. This can damage your property and areas of the house including roof, foundation, walls, and the basement. Your gutter guards can also help protect your gutters from dents from falling debris. After extreme storms, tree limbs may fall and hit your gutters. We have seen gutters experience only minimal damage after being struck because the homeowner had gutter guards installed.
- Prolong the Life of Your Gutters: Moisture-laden debris that lies in your gutter can cause metal structures to rust prematurely. By preventing debris from entering, you are extending the life of your gutters.
- Virtually Invisible From the Ground: Gutter guards are able to be installed without distorting the look of your gutters or hurting your home’s curb appeal.
Interested in installing gutter guards on your home? Check out a breakdown of How Much Gutter Guards Cost to see if they would be a good fit. If you are having issues with your gutters, call us to inspect, find the issue and provide a solution that will get you set for years to come. We would love to share the benefits of adding gutter guards on your Memphis home to all our customers. To get in touch with one of our project managers, give us a call at 901-854-3402 or click here to set up an inspection and digital report. We offer free inspections that are easy and completed quickly. Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more tips on taking care of your Memphis gutters.