Professional Roof Inspection Near Memphis, Tennessee
Finding reputable roofing inspection companies near me can be challenging, especially without a prior background of working with one. Our commercial roof inspection contractors in Memphis, Tennessee, thoroughly evaluate the condition and integrity of every roof we inspect.
We recommend all homeowners and commercial property owners schedule regular roofing inspections to identify potential issues or damage before they’re more significant and costlier to repair.
What Is a Roof Inspection?
A roof inspection is the process of inspecting the roof of a property for any signs of compromise and possible repairs. We recommend hiring a professional roof inspection contractor to perform regular roofing inspections to mitigate risks and identify necessary repairs before they become more significant issues.
A professional roof inspection can also help certify a roof to determine its quality and expected life span. These inspections are typically common when buying or selling property.
Do Roofing Companies Offer Roof Inspections?
A reputable roofing company will typically perform free or inexpensive roof inspections. Many commercial roofing contractors associate this service with the cost of roof repair or replacement quotes. Homeowners rely on roofing inspection companies to assess storm and hail damage or property owners looking to replace their roofs for any reason.
We recommend hiring a professional roof inspector to perform periodic inspections and appraisals on your roof. Our trained professional contractors can assess roof conditions and recommend ideal repair and maintenance options.
What Does a Roof Inspector Look For?
During roof inspection, our professional roof inspectors will check for various roof elements, including the following:
- Roofing materials
- Supporting framework
In addition to these elements, our contractors also look for leaks, rust and signs of mold that cause significant roof damage if left unchecked. These roofing issues can also negatively affect the homeowners insurance claim. Therefore, it’s vital to schedule regular roofing inspections from a professional roofer to ensure the roof stays in top condition.
When Should I Have My Roof Inspected?
We recommend all roof inspections to be performed regularly. Property owners should schedule at least two roof inspections annually to ensure their roofs are in top condition.
A trained professional roofing contractor can spot roof issues and have the necessary equipment and skills to inspect and repair them effectively. More importantly, a professional roofer will provide a well-rounded estimated price for expected repairs. If necessary, the roof inspector will notify the property owner if replacing the whole roof would be a more viable option.
Certain situations may warrant having more roof inspections done. For instance, areas with frequent violent storms or heavy snowfall should warrant more frequent roofing inspections. Something might compromise the roof’s structural integrity and needs immediate repairs. Hailstorms, in particular, cause more roof damage compared to other weather conditions.
How Much Does a Roof Inspection Cost?
Roof inspections in Memphis, Tennessee, vary significantly in cost depending on several critical factors. The type of roof plays a critical role as some roofs are more complex to repair than others and require specialized materials and equipment to inspect more effectively.
The size and accessibility of the roof also directly affect how much time roofing contractors will take to conduct a more comprehensive inspection, affecting labor costs.
The complexity of the roofing project is a vital consideration during roof inspection. Some roofs may have extra layers of materials that need inspecting or removing. These extra services may increase the roof inspection cost significantly.
We recommend property owners understand all the variables used in determining the overall roof inspection and repair costs beforehand to ensure they stay within their budget for the inspection service.
Can I Do My Own Roof Inspection?
While it’s possible to perform basic roofing inspection processes yourself, we recommend property owners prioritize their safety and know their limitations. Roof inspections and repairs can be dangerous and expose the property owner and everyone living in that property to harm if not handled properly.
Here are some roof inspection types you can do yourself:
- Visual inspection: The property owner can inspect the roof from the ground or a safe vantage point for signs of damage, such as damaged or missing shingles, cracks or curling.
- Gutter inspection: Regularly clean the gutters and downspouts, and remove debris that may prevent proper drainage.
- Clear debris: Remove any dirt and debris, such as leaves and branches, from the roof surface.
- Interior inspection: Check the attic and crawl space for water damage signs. These may include stains, mold or mildew.
- Moss and algae removal: Use a soft, bristle brush or a low-pressure power washer to remove any moss or algae growing on the roof.
Our highly skilled roofing experts have the equipment and skillset to quickly and effectively identify and repair hidden roof issues. Hire our expert roofers for a more accurate and comprehensive roof assessment.
How Do I Know If My Roof Was Inspected Correctly?
These indicators provide a more detailed outline to help you determine if your roof was inspected correctly:
- Check the flashing: If the flashing is pulling up from the roof, it’s a clear sign of incorrect roof inspection and installation and needs to be fixed immediately.
- Check the shingles for proper nailing: Professional roofers always properly nail down all shingles and prevent excess overhang. When improperly installed, shingles can blow off when exposed to harsh weather conditions, such as excessive wind and hailstorms.
- Look for a uniform appearance: After inspection, a simple visual inspection should help determine uniformity across the entire roof. Watch out for patches on the roof and other improperly installed roofing materials.
- Inspect for rotted roof decking: Rotting on the roof is always a bad sign and clearly shows poor roof installation and inspection. A rotted roof can collapse, causing serious injury to everyone in the home. Contact a professional roofing inspection contractor immediately to check and repair the source of the rot.
Get in Touch
Restoration Roofing is the top Mid-South roofing company serving Memphis, TN and surrounding suburbs. Our roofers specialize in residential and commercial roofing, gutters, and skylights. Our team of fully licensed and insured contractors tackle projects ranging from roof repairs and replacement to new installation. If you’ve been having problems with your roof or need roofing maintenance, you’ve come to the right place. Please reach out to us today for an estimate.